Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blogging in Nursing Education

Incorporating blogging into part of the educational experience I provide students can be beneficial in several ways.  The use of a blog would be a great discussion tool.  A blog as a discussion tool versus the discussion boards on learning sites such as Blackboard might be more technologically familiar to current students as well as easier to use.  It seems to me, in the short time I have been exploring the blog I created, that the discussion would also be easier to view and all content would be in one location without having to click several links. Also, with blogs, pictures and videos can be posted, making the discussion more interactive.  Blogging can incorporate a variety of learning styles because of the array of content that can be posted in one place.  Also, I think I would be able to use blogs in the clinical setting, allowing students to journal about their experiences as well as share their stories and frustrations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment